Windermere Weekly Parent Update from Mrs. NolanThank you so much for taking the time to come in during this week to talk to your child's teacher(s) about his/her progress thus far. Our partnership, as parents and educators, in challenging and supporting EVERY child EVERY step of the way is essential in helping to maximize learning. We count our blessings for our parents.Thank you, too, to our PTO for the delicious dinner on Thursday evening. The chili dinner was just perfect. The homemade meal warmed our bellies and our hearts as we completed a long day. We can't thank you enough for ALL that you do to make us feel appreciated and special.Tuesday, 10.24.17
- Third Grade State ELA AIR TestingWednesday, 10.25.17
- Walking Wednesday
- Third Grade State ELA AIR TestingThursday, 10.26.17
Early Dismissal at 11:05 a.m. for Students Grades 1-5; No Kindergarten or LIFTFriday, 10.27.17
- Halloween/Harvest Parties and Parade (please see attached schedule)Allergy Awareness: Have your children ever trick-or-treated at a house with a teal pumpkin on the porch? The Teal Pumpkin Project encourages people to raise awareness of food allergies and promotes inclusion of all trick-or-treaters throughout the Halloween season. Teal is the color of food allergy awareness. Households who place a teal pumpkin in front of their home are indicating they have non-food treats available. You can read more about the Teal Pumpkin Project by visiting: https://www.foodallergy.org/e
ducation-awareness/teal-pumpki. n-project/faqsMeanwhile, companies such as Enjoy Life, have recently come out with gluten-free and allergy-friendly candies and chocolates. You can read more about their products by visiting: https://enjoylifefoods.com/ha lloween-chocolate-minis/. This wonderful website even includes fun Halloween recipes involving gluten-free and allergy friendly foods.At Windermere, your room parents work with the school nurse to ensure that any treats/foods served at the upcoming Halloween parties are safe for all students involved.Bus Safety: As a reminder, we kindly ask that the no parents park, drop off or pick up students in our staff parking lot. We also ask you to remind your child(ren) that they should not be walking in the parking lot either. All students should use our sidewalks. Our buses use the parking lot to drop students off in the morning and pick up students after school. For the safety of our students, please adhere to this rule.Bicycle Riding: We love that some of our students ride their bikes to school! When next to the building, all bicycles should be walked for the safety of others. Thank you!
PTO UpdateFamily Read-Together - Our Family Read-Together has begun! We are overwhelmed at the number of families who are participating. Please consider sharing a picture on Mrs. Hemmelgarn's Windermere Library Facebook Group of your family sharing Because of Winn-Dixie! What a great idea and a fun event!Because of Giant Eagle – Speaking of Giant Eagle and Kroger, did you know you can register your cards to earn money for Windermere PTO? Here’s how:Kroger: Go to https://www.kroger.com/comm
unityrewardsClick the ‘Sign In’ button
- Enter your Email Address and Password. If you do NOT have a Kroger card, select ‘Create Account’
- Next, type in Windermere PTO and our group name should pop up.
- Select Windermere PTO and you’re set
- Giant Eagle: Go to http://www.gianteagle.com/
- Select the ‘Sign In’ link. You must sign in to view the ‘My School Programs’ page.
- Enter your Email Address & Password. If you don’t have a Giant Eagle card, select ‘Create Account’
- Click on the ‘Apples for the Students’ link.
- Enter Windermere school ID#: 4890.
*No word on whether Winn-Dixie has a shopper’s card, but it might be a long commute.
Student Directories – These went home a few weeks ago. If you haven’t received yours, please let us know. Send me an email at email@example.com. Please remember that the names and emails in the directory are for the personal use of Windermere families and staff. Any commercial or business use is prohibited. Thank you,