SUMMER SERVICE HOURS - New Information!
Did you know that all sophomores, juniors and seniors are not required to attend school on August 16 and that only Freshmen come on this day? To make up for this extra day off, we ask all 10th-12th graders to complete 6 hours of community service for an organization of their choice — a great chance for them to give back to the community and use their gifts, talents and skills in service to others. These 6 hours can be performed AT ANY TIME DURING THE SUMMER as long as it is completed by September 4, Labor Day. In order to have these hours count, please make sure it meets the following criteria:
- Completed during the summer--May 26 through Labor Day.
- Entered online prior to September 5.
- Completed without pay.
- Completed for someone other than a family member.
- Completed for the school, a service agency, or individuals who are incapacitated.
Note: Religious activities count with the exceptions of teaching, preaching, or participating in religious services.
- 6th grade camp counts for 16 hours total (not valid for Summer Community Service).
- Youth in the Booth does not count as community service.
- Extended service trips/camps can receive a maximum of 18 hours per day.
- Service provided during the school day counts for 1/2 the hours performed (not valid for Summer Community Service).
- Login to Family connection https://connection.naviance.
- On the welcome screen, click on the x2vol link on left side of screen.
- FiIRST TIME ONLY: You must register on the site
- PLEASE use your SCHOOL EMAIL ADDRESS as your email and as your login: server firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE use YOUR Student ID number as your Account Password.
- Choose Interests, Career Clusters and Other Interests.
- Feel free to use the School Address and phone number (rather than home address and phone number).
- Event Registration Notification: LEAVE THIS BLANK, NO EMAIL
- Congratulations! Your x2VOL Dashboard is Activated!
- When the x2vol Dashboard opens, look under the heading Common Tasks.
- Click on the Add Hours tab (green rectangle) to open the My Activity Log page.
- Click on the blue rectangle labeled Add Hours.
- Follow the prompts in each section under Create A Personal Project.
- You will need to enter the email (preferred)/phone number of your Activity Contact Person.
- Be sure to hit submit at the end.
If you have any questions, contact Jeanne Gogolski at email@example.com.In the meantime, if you need some ideas about who to help and where to serve, check out section called “Opportunities” in x2VOL. Don’t see anything that interests you? You can also go to Hands On Ohio and use their search to find other volunteer opportunities in areas like homelessness, hunger, tutoring and animal welfare to name a few.
Questions? Contact Jeanne Gogolski, Career Development/Service-learning Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.