NEW DEADLINE! Seniors who choose to “SERVE, LEAD, SUCCEED” through community service gain memorable experiences, build character and contribute to their community. Therefore, we would like to honor any senior who gives 120 hours of time from May 25, 2019 through May 21, 2020 of their senior year with a special Senior Service Honor Cord to be worn at graduation. In light of COVID-19 challenges, the definition of “community service” has been expanded. Check out the requirements here. (word “here” linked on this page: https://www.uaschools.org/communityservice.aspx)
In light of social-distancing requirements, here are some additional ideas on activities that will qualify during this time:
Assisting neighbors with childcare, grocery shopping or picking up prescriptions
Make face masks for your neighbors
1. To record your hours, you must sign in to your Naviance Student page
2. On your Dashboard, go to Groups & Goals; in the drop down menu, choose the Groups & Goals Search.
Email: use your UA schools.org email
Password: use your student ID number
3. “Join” the Senior Service Honor Cord 2020 group and begin recording your hours. This group is optional, but you must JOIN in order to be considered for this award. All 120 hours must be recorded by May 21, 2020. All hours you record will count toward this award.
4. Your hours will be approved by May 21. A list of Seniors who will be receiving the award will be posted on Naviance.
4. Questions? Contact Jeanne Gogolski, Career Development/Service-learning Coordinator, [email protected] OR you can watch a YouTube video on how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDkSLJZUMJk