Did you know that all sophomores, juniors and seniors are not required to attend school on August 14 and that only freshmen come on this day? To make up for this extra day off, we ask all 10th-12th graders to complete 6 hours of community service for an organization of their choice — a great chance for them to give back to the community and use their gifts, talents and skills in service to others. These 6 hours can be performed AT ANY TIME DURING THE SUMMER as long as it is completed by September 3, Labor Day. In order to have these hours count, please make sure it meets the following criteria:
- Completed during the summer - May 31 through Labor Day.
- Entered online by September 11.
- Completed without pay.
- Completed for someone other than a family member.
- Completed for the school, a service agency, or individuals who are incapacitated.
- Any student who does not have her or his summer service submitted online by the due date will be marked unexcused for Tuesday, August 14.
- Extended service trips/camps only receive a maximum of 16 hours per day.
- Religious activities count with the exceptions of teaching, preaching, or participating in religious services.
Record Your Hours