The Perfect Start to Your Sophomore Year
- Set goals for yourself, write them down, and stick to them.
- Your grades are important, so seek help when you need it.
- Get to know your guidance counselor and classroom teachers
- Begin researching careers that interest you. Check out opportunities to get experience outside of the school building.
- Come to school, and if you to miss a day, check with your teachers for make-up work
- Check the guidance website regularly for updates.
- Take your most challenging curriculum. Be aware of graduation requirements.
- Work at improving or maintaining your GPA.
- Early October - Visit the Suburban College Fair
- Mid October - Take the PLAN Attend the PLAN/test interpretation.
- Begin your college research. Formulate a college list. Visit colleges.
- Learn about and possibly visit the career centers.
- Schedule your Sophomore Conference with your counselor.
- Schedule appropriate 11th grade courses in February.
Career Center Information
Columbus Downtown High School is located at 364 S. 4th Street, Columbus, OH 43215
Columbus Downtown High School - Home
Fort Hayes Career Center is located at 546 Jack Gibbs Blvd., Columbus, OH 43215
FORT HAYES METROPOLITAN EDUCATION CENTER
Ohio Department of Education OGT: ODE - Ohio Graduation Tests (OGT)
OGT Practice Tests: ODE - Practice Tests
OGT Resources: ODE - Resources for Ohio Graduation Tests