Student Council is open to current 6th, 7th, and 8th graders at Jones Middle School looking to plan and organize events for middle school students to participate in with a focus on service learning and giving back to the community. Student council members are responsible students who exhibit leadership skills. Council members are responsible for participating in at least one event during the year.
- To provide opportunities for students to gain leadership skills and an appreciation for responsibility and accountability.
- To provide ways in which students may broaden their interests and develop new experiences.
- To foster healthy student-student, student-teacher, student-administration, and student-community interaction.
- To provide a channel of communication through which students can contribute to the school program.
- To develop an interest in current issues that involves all segments of the student population.
- To promote more student body involvement through pep assemblies, “information” assemblies and other whole-school events.