Upper Arlington Schools is working closely with Franklin County Public Health, the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio and other local school districts to monitor the situation and develop a coordinated and comprehensive public health plan to ensure we are prepared if cases arise in our community or the surrounding area. We will be prepared to implement public health recommendations as required. Updated information will be shared with students, staff and families as it becomes available.
We have received several questions regarding travel plans during our upcoming spring break. When it comes to family trips, we encourage everyone to be aware of the information on the CDC Travel Advisory
page prior to departure, as there is community spread of COVID-19 in other countries and areas of the U.S. In addition, we ask that you keep in mind these everyday preventive measures that are our primary line of defense against both COVID-19 and the flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands;
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care; and
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
In light of the rapidly developing situation around the globe, we have made the difficult decision to suspend all school-sponsored overseas travel planned for spring break. We do not want to take students overseas, without their parents or guardians, during a time of unpredictable and ever-changing travel restrictions and quarantine situations. We are working to find alternate opportunities for these students in the future.
We encourage you to consult these resources for additional information about COVID-19 and travel information.