The Upper Arlington City School District recognizes the value in notifying families and students about unique educational, intellectual, physical, and social opportunities that happen within our community. While, nothing requires a school district to allow businesses or organizations access to send material home with students, the Upper Arlington City School District has created a "Virtual Backpack Flyer Connection" on its website to offer this service. This service is not a public forum, and the Board/designee reserves the right to refuse to include a flyer if it is not in the best interests of the school community or otherwise does not meet the Board’s requirements.
Non-profit organizations wishing to post flyers on the Districts "Virtual Backpack Flyer Connection" must first submit an application and PDF file of the flyer to the Director of Communications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
. All materials must be submitted ten (10) days prior to the desired date of posting. The following requirements must be met before any application will be considered.
- Email with attached PDF flyer must contain name and address of organization, contact number and email.
- The flyer must contain the statement: "This activity is not sponsored by the Upper Arlington City School District.
- Flyers and activities posted on the "Virtual Backpack Flyer Connection" shall promote, the intellectual, physical, personal and social development of the students of the Upper Arlington City School District.
- The flyer must meet the general advertising guidelines set forth in Board Policy 9700.01.
We follow an objective process to review and approve requests to distribute information to our students. We are restricting the approval of paper copies that will go home with our students to items from:
- Upper Arlington City School District and its schools,
- Upper Arlington City Schools PTOs, Education Foundation, or booster organizations whose mission is to support the Upper Arlington City Schools,
- Coaches employed by the Upper Arlington City Schools whose camps directly impact and benefit their coaching assignment.
Organizations whose requests are approved will have their flyer posted on the Districts "Virtual Backpack Flyer Connection" for a period of thirty (30) days. At which time the flyer will be removed from the website and additional postings will require a new application.
Board of Education Policy Revision 9/22/16