The Upper Arlington City School District recognizes the value in notifying families and students about unique educational, intellectual, physical, and social opportunities that happen within our community. While nothing requires a school district to allow organizations access to send material home with students, the Upper Arlington City School District has created a Flyer Connection on its website to offer this service. This service is not a public forum, and the Board of Education/designee reserves the right to refuse to include a flyer if it is not in the best interests of the school community or otherwise does not meet the Board’s requirements.
Nonprofit organizations wishing to have flyers posted on the district’s Flyer Connection must first submit an application, proof of nonprofit status and a PDF file of the flyer to the Communications Department by completing the online form available at www.uaschools.org/flyers
or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
. All materials must be submitted ten (10) days prior to the desired date of posting. The following requirements must be met before any application will be considered.
- The PDF flyer must contain the name of the organization, address (if applicable), and contact phone number and/or email address.
- The flyer must contain the statement: "This activity is not sponsored by the Upper Arlington City School District.”
- Flyers and activities posted on Flyer Connection shall promote the intellectual, physical, personal and social development of the students of the Upper Arlington City School District.
- The flyer must meet the general advertising guidelines set forth in Board Policy 9700.01.
- Any flyer involving a third-party research study must meet the guidelines set forth in Board Administrative Guideline 2417.
We follow an objective process to review and approve requests to distribute information to our students. We are restricting the approval of paper copies that will go home with our students to items from:
- Upper Arlington City School District and its schools,
- Upper Arlington City Schools PTOs, Education Foundation, or booster organizations whose mission is to support the Upper Arlington City Schools,
- Coaches employed by the Upper Arlington City Schools whose camps directly impact and benefit their coaching assignment.
Organizations whose requests are approved will have their flyer posted on the district’s Flyer Connection website for a period of thirty (30) days, at which time the flyer will be removed from the website and an additional posting will require a new application submitted at www.uaschools.org/flyers. The Board/designee reserves the right to refuse postings in excess of sixty (60) days.
Board of Education Guideline Revision 6/25/19