The Board of Education may declare it impractical to provide transportation to non-public, private or charter schools based on the following criteria established by the Ohio Department of Education:
- The time and distance required to provide the transportation
- The number of pupils to be transported
- The cost of providing transportation in terms of equipment, maintenance, personnel and administration
- Whether similar or equivalent service is provided to other pupils eligible for transportation
- Whether and to what extent the additional service unavoidably disrupts current transportation schedules
If Upper Arlington City Schools cannot provide transportation, students may qualify for payment in-lieu of transportation. A notification of rights letter will be sent to you and a payment-in-lieu of transportation form giving the family the opportunity to accept or reject the offer. The form should then be returned to Central Office to the attention of the Chief Operating Officer no later than September 30.
Bus route information will be posted on the district website in early August.